How an SEO audit & optimization works
Let’s set your website on a solid foundation
When it’s done, you’ll know your website is technically healthy and ready to convert visitors into customers.
I take a holistic approach to SEO. That means your website should be technically healthy, demonstrate expertise, authority, and trustworthiness (E-A-T) and offer useful content and a good user experience. An audit and optimization will help your website comply with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and create a positive user experience for your visitors. It will also give you the tools, knowledge, and foundation to continue growing all your online marketing efforts in the right direction even if you don’t pursue SEO as a marketing tactic in the future. This is how it works:
We will start with a one-hour call to discuss your goals and previous online marketing campaigns.
- I’ll explain your website’s initial health score from ahrefs and how to improve it.
- Establish campaign goals, keywords and one call to action.
- Discuss ways to improve your websites expertise, authority and trustworthiness (E-A-T).
- A technical audit will be performed based on the Moz SEO audit checklist.
- Meta tag optimization of top three pages.
- Internal link structure optimized.
Connect and claim important accounts
- Google my Business (as applicable and according to Google’s guidelines)
- Knowledge panel (as applicable and according to Google’s guidelines)
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- All social media accounts
Top three competitors organic search presence analyzed.
- Most important keywords established related to:
- Brand name
- CEO or founders name
- Generic or local keywords
- Home page messaging, content optimization and call to action.
- About page or one biography page will be optimized for CEO, founder or the name of the person who is the face of the company.
- One blog post or page will be optimized for your most important keyword.
I will make sure the following essential pages are live and linked on your site. These pages will be added if necessary.
- Home – client provides copy. I will edit copy for clarity and SEO.
- About – client provides copy. I will edit copy for clarity and SEO.
- Author or biography page – If an author or biography page is necessary, client provides copy. I will edit copy for clarity and SEO.
- Terms and conditions – Website Terms and conditions from BobbyKlinck.com will be used unless client has a website terms and conditions page they want to use.
- Disclaimer – Disclaimer from BobbyKlinck.com will be used unless client has a disclaimer they want to use.
- Subscribe – If you have an email subscription form, a subscribe page will be created.
- Contact – A contact page and form will be created.
- Thank you – A thank you page will be created with the code from Google Analytics.
- Blog – If you decide to include a blog, a link to the main blog page will be created.
Final consultation and training
During the final consultation we will discuss:
- New website Health Score from ahref.
- Technical recommendations based on the Moz SEO audit checklist.
- Link building strategy moving forward.
- How to add meta data to pages.
- How to research new keywords.
- How to develop new content.
When this audit and optimization is complete, you will:
- Feel confident that the content you create is contributing to your online marketing strategy.
- Know your keyword strategy and call to action.
- Have a link building strategy.
Note: Copywriting, link building, and technical fixes related to the server or template will be discussed and recommended, but not implemented as part of the audit and optimization.